4471Re: 396XT and Remote Head, but...

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Aug 8, 2010
      Hi Matthew,
      A remote head unit is a unit which provides complete control, including volume and squelch, for several of the Uniden scanners. It also has a larger screen. It (obviously) connects to the scanner and can be placed conveniently pretty much wherever one wants it. Most often one uses it in their car or truck, which is what I've done for the past several years and continue to do so. I have another one (actually two) and want to use them at home and at work. It's much easier for me to glance up at the readout on the remote head and see what's going on, where I have it located, than to read it on my 396XTs. I have always preferred the 396XTs for several reasons and thus have made sure I purchased a remote head whenever I bought one.

      If you'd like to see what they look like you can do a Google search on the web and several locations will pop up, both showing you what they look like as well as some locations which have them for sale right now. Uniden no longer has them in stock but several of their distributors do.

      As I mentioned in my previous post, the remote head really is one of my favorite items Uniden has produced! I particularly like it in the car because where I have it located, it's much safer. I have it mounted on the dashboard, all the way forward, just slightly below my line of sight. So if a call comes in I can lower my eyes just slightly, to see what it is, and still be able to watch the road.

      Hope that gives you some info on the Uniden Remote Head. There's a lot more on sites like Scannermaster and others.

      Shell