      From: "johnstark" <johnstark@...>

      Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:34:38
      To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: LTR Capabilities

      Most LTR systems are already "known" so having that feature is kind of a
      wasted effort for Uniden, and as pointed out LTR Analyzer does the same
      thing, so again it really doesn't need to be a high priority for Uniden. LTR
      systems are getting fewer and fewer and the number of public safety users is
      dropping as well. I know of just one in Indiana that uses it and it's really
      useless for big incidents as that county learned the hard way. They have
      been investigateing other systems now to see whats going to work best for
      them and will dropping the LTR system as it is too limited for public
      safety. And thats another reason I doubt Uniden will waste research time on
      something thats just not used that much for public safety, and most scanner
      users don't use them for business monitoring. I do on occasion, but not
      enough to waste Unidens time, I'd prefer they work on more important
      things..... and thats a long list :)