437Re: [BCD396XT] Re: LTR Capabilities

  • Brian
    Mar 5, 2009
      I haven't used that function on my 396 but, we have a couple LTR companies that like to swap out frequencies periodically. It happens. Sometimes hearing the vendors and tow trucks is better than the local traffic report on AM radio or the State Police themselves. Tremendous source of infor about closures, accidents, arterial routes, etc.. We all have our own purposes I guess. But, I anxiously wait to here more from UPMan...who I sure is very busy this time of year.

      From: johnstark <johnstark@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:34:38 AM
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: LTR Capabilities

      Most LTR systems are already "known" so having that feature is kind of a
      wasted effort for Uniden, and as pointed out LTR Analyzer does the same
      thing, so again it really doesn't need to be a high priority for Uniden. LTR
      systems are getting fewer and fewer and the number of public safety users is
      dropping as well. I know of just one in Indiana that uses it and it's really
      useless for big incidents as that county learned the hard way. They have
      been investigateing other systems now to see whats going to work best for
      them and will dropping the LTR system as it is too limited for public
      safety. And thats another reason I doubt Uniden will waste research time on
      something thats just not used that much for public safety, and most scanner
      users don't use them for business monitoring. I do on occasion, but not
      enough to waste Unidens time, I'd prefer they work on more important
      things..... and thats a long list :)