      From: Tim Woodward <twoodward@...>
      Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Issue with USB-1 and Arc-xt pro Win7 64-bit
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:55 PM

      Hey Jeff,

      I guess the zip file was stripped off because I didn't receive it.

      I tried the Vista installer from the ScannerMaster website and had the same issue as I reported.

      Have you done a large download of the scanner because I can get it to work for a system sometimes but as a test and origionally during setup I was downloading the entire scanner as it comes loaded from the factory I have also uploaded the latest Uniden firmware to the scanner and that went fine.

      What version of the Arc-xt software are you using?

      Thanks,

      Tim

      From: Tim Woodward <twoodward@...>

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 10:18 AM

      Hi Ted,

      Yeah that jives with the response that I got back just this morning from

      Butel.nl, thanks for making me feel like I'm going crazy and I'm the only

      one.

      "We have traced this problem down to the prolific device driver under

      win7/64 bit and have reported this to prolific. Hopefully they can fix their

      faulty driver. "

      Problem for me is I have another USB to Serial cable and it unfortunately

      uses the Prolific chip and driver.

      It definately is related to Windows 7 64-bit and the driver from Prolific

      and I have used older versions, the newest version as well as the Vista

      versions.

      Hopefully Prolific will fix this quickly as I bought the USB-1 cable because

      it was sanctioned by Uniden and supposed to work. So now I have two usb to

      serial cables and software that all don't work, weird that Freescan doesn't

      have the same issue using the exact same driver, as Gommert from Butel puts

      it it's just supposed to be like reading from an rs-232 port after all.

      Thanks Again, Tim