4221RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Issue with USB-1 and Arc-xt pro Win7 64-bit

  • Tim Woodward
    Jul 1, 2010
      Hi Ted,

      Yeah that jives with the response that I got back just this morning from
      Butel.nl, thanks for making me feel like I'm going crazy and I'm the only
      one.

      "We have traced this problem down to the prolific device driver under
      win7/64 bit and have reported this to prolific. Hopefully they can fix their
      faulty driver. "

      Problem for me is I have another USB to Serial cable and it unfortunately
      uses the Prolific chip and driver.
      It definately is related to Windows 7 64-bit and the driver from Prolific
      and I have used older versions, the newest version as well as the Vista
      versions.

      Hopefully Prolific will fix this quickly as I bought the USB-1 cable because
      it was sanctioned by Uniden and supposed to work. So now I have two usb to
      serial cables and software that all don't work, weird that Freescan doesn't
      have the same issue using the exact same driver, as Gommert from Butel puts
      it it's just supposed to be like reading from an rs-232 port after all.

      Thanks Again, Tim