4220Re: Issue with USB-1 and Arc-xt pro Win7 64-bit

  • tedrhayes
    Jul 1, 2010
      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Woodward" <twoodward@...> wrote:
      -snip---

      I too have had problems with ARC-XT and various serial connections to my BCD396XT on my Windows 7 x64 machines. I've tried it with the USB-1 and several different USB-to-Serial converters. The problem I have is just as you described - changing the BAUD rate really doesn't seem to make any difference. I also have no serial problems when using FreeScan or ProScan.

      I have found one USB-to-Serial connector with which I do not have any serial problems. That is the Micro Connectors Dual Serial Adapter. It does not use the Prolific device driver (as used by all the other usb-to-serial adapters and the USB-1).

      My suspicion is that there is a very small incompatibility with the Prolific x64 drivers that is revealed by ARC-XT. This leads to a dead-lock state (ARC-XT and the Serial Driver get stuck waiting for each other). That being said - ARC-XT doesn't appear to be very fault tolerant of serial communication errors (as the other software packages appear to be).

      I've reported my problems to BUTEL.

      Hope this adds to the discussion.

      Ted
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic