      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: scannerman@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:40:37 -0400
      Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Using mulitple radios on one antenna

      Hello all,
      Hope this is not off topic here on this list, if it is please delete it. My
      question is about using one antenna to hook to 3 different scanners. I have
      3 scanners currently hooked up to a Scantenna about 60feet up. I have the
      coax coming into the house and hooked onto a 3 way splitter (tv type). Was
      considering a multicopler as discussed in another post but can see putting
      out that kind of cost at the moment. ($200) I do however have a old UHF/VHF
      distribution amplifier laying around not doing anything. It has one input
      and 4 outputs. I hooked all my radios to this earlier and was able to
      increase signal on my radios as before i was only getting static. I know it
      is not ideal but it seems to work ok for my situation. Main question is by
      using this distribution amplifier would it harm any of my radios by using
      it?
      Amplifier is made by Winston Model 1800
      Anyone know if there would be any harm in using it as it does seem to help
      pull in weak signals just don't want to overload the radios and desense
      them.

      Thanks,
      Joey