      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Eric Noah Hart
      Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 3:18 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Re: USB to Serial Adapter

      I have used the Cables Unlimited USB-2920 from Newegg which retails for
      $16.99 on almost all of the operating systems that you can imagine, even on
      the server platforms. What I like about it is that it doesn't have extra
      cable making it longer, just a USB on one end, and a DB9 connector on the
      other. And yes, I have used this on numerous laptops also, from my 2 Dell
      laptops, to my Asus eeePC Netbook.

      Eric
      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      Behalf
      Of J Harrell
      Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:37 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      Hello,

      Just wondering if anyone on the group uses a laptop with a USB to serial
      adapter to program their BCD396XT? I have a laptop without a serial port
      and would like to get a usb adapter that would allow me to program my radio.
      Next question is would anyone know of one that is sold online for less than
      $15 that supports Win98 thru Windows 7 64bit? I currently have Windows
      Vista 32bit but I would like to upgrade in the future to Windows 7 64bit and
      would like to have a adapter that will work with it. Anyone know of a
      adapter that will work?

      Thanks,

      Joey