3611Re: Kudos to UPMan, Uniden and Beta Testers!

  • fhgdel
    Feb 3, 2010
      Wow...wonder how many lawsuits have been filed on the 396T which drove that external speaker just fine.....and that extension speaker is MADE for scanners earphone jack. I was trying to imply how much I enjoy the scanner, not criticize it or hurt anyone's feelings. I don't know about most people, but if I had a headphone or earphones plugged into that jack and it was loud, I would turn that little black knob on top counter-clockwise and remedy the situation. people in this country are getting so wuss-ified and lawsuit happy. Get real people who would file a lawsuit against some manufacturer who "warned you to begin with by the way" to be careful when listening with headphones/earphones. Same category as someone filing a lawsuit against McDonalds because the spilled hot coffee on themselves. Anyway!!!!! Again....awesome scanner UPMan and Uniden!!! Awesome.

      > That's because it's an earphone jack and not an external speaker jack.
      > It was not designed to drive a speaker, so the criticism that it will
      > not really isn't justified. If it could, there would be lawsuits from
      > people driving the earphone to levels that would damage their hearing.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > fhgdel wrote:
      > > Only thing i would ding it on is the output of the headphone jack audio...It's lower and really won't drive an extension speaker.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic