      From: JETorres <torres.jet@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 12:45:06 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Kudos to UPMan, Uniden and Beta Testers!

      I finally got my hands on a BCD396XT and I gotta say that all the improvements and new features are absolutely great when comparing to earlier scanners.

      Our local VHF P25 system works great out of the box without any tweaking. The Unit ID feature works more reliably than the GRE counterpart. It evens keeps up with my XTS5000 as far as switching user IDs in the middle of a transmission.

      The muting and skipping of encryption is a very welcome and reliable feature.

      The VHF reception seems to be improved, even with the stock SMA antenna.

      The scanning speed between sites and systems is very fast.

      The multi-site support was a much needed feature and it helps a lot by saving time and memory when programming big systems.

      The Fire Tone-Out feature works as advertised so far.

      The Control Channel Output feature is another great addition.

      There's so many more things I've found to be much improved and many others I haven't played with yet. In the near future I'll be posting my constructive criticism and other suggestions for improvement as I encounter them.

      Thanks for listening and supporting the scanning community Paul/Uniden. Much thanks to the beta testers too! Keep up the good work everybody!