      From: "Jason W. Watts" <KB0KGH@...>

      Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:31:34
      To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] MPT System

      Joe,

      You talk about OpenSky. One major potential user has actually backed out of the contract due to failures (New York State). I also hear about the shortcomings of the Milwaukee City OpenSky System a lot.

      Do you know of any agency that has successfully deployed an OpenSky System?

      I would love to have the ability to scan an OpenSky system, regardless. I would love to also see Uniden look into ProVoice since EDACS users have that option. In Iowa, we have users of ProVoice in the Des Moines Metro Area as well as some users to the north of Cedar Rapids. They utilize the RACOM system.

      The only MPT system anywhere near here would be the Basin Electric Power Cooperative in North Dakota. They have a few sites in NW Iowa. With what you say about how many MPT systems there are nationwide, and the fact that none of them are really public safety-related.......I would certainly agree it is not worth Uniden USA's investing in research and development to equip a scanner with this trunking protocol.

      Jason W. Watts
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa