3465Re: 155.25 freqy interference

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Dec 31, 2009
      Rich, I haven't heard it in the 1/4 th MHz, but I have major interference here in St. Louis, mobile, at the intersection of I-64 and I-270. The problem here is, I'm almost sure, due to the fact that that our MO Dept. of Transportation has an active facility as well as two large hospitals all residing on either side of the interchange - one of the hospitals being a level one trauma center. When going through the interchange one of the frequencies for the Muni covering this area will always lock up in a "high whine" (typical birdie type signal). But the frequencies involved are 158.790 173.8 PL, 154.650 156.7 PL and 154.115 no PL. Once a mile or so past the interchange, then the muni returns to normal. Since I regularly monitor them I know that this doesn't happen on their equipment, in fact I'm hearing them right now, on all their frequencies. So why would I experience this interference (on both of my 396XTs) and they wouldn't? I've also tried using the radios with the handheld antenna instead of the Larson installed on the car - same results.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Rich Carlson <rich.n9jig@...> wrote:
      > If you get interference and it goes away or weaken when you remove the
      > scanner antenna, then it is likely from outside sources. It seems to
      > be a common situation for frequencies at the 1/4 th MHz. (151.250,
      > 155.250 etc.) to originate from cable TV installations, often a poorly
      > grounded amp or connection.
      > My agency also uses 155.250 and when I hear noise on it I try to
      > locate the specific area and call Comcast, they usually get it fixed
      > pretty quickly.
      > If you are getting it in your home, then try to find where the drop
      > come into the house for cable TV and disconnect it, then see if the
      > interference goes away, if so then the issue is likely inside.
      > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM, dataman60435 <dataman60435@...> wrote:
      > > I agree, nothing stops the hetrodyne whine in with the 155.25 (Bolingbrook PD)here in my area not the PL or IF shift...I wish they would change freqys...I have been told it has something to do with the Comcast Cable??....
      > >
      > --
      > Rich Carlson, N9JIG
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic