      From: Brian <chicagostretch2002@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 4:02 pm
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] 155.25 freqy interference

      I would like to clarify something about this post. My OLD 396 and the new 396XT
      oth have that terrible whine going all the time. In the car, out of the car,
      iddle of a parking lot....everywhere. It is not an indoor Comcast issue or a
      atter of taking the antenna off. It is an overpowering signal that obviously
      oes not affect the police radios but wreaks havoc on the scanner itself. I
      osted something about this a LONG time ago in another forum and no one
      ommented or replied because it wasn't their issue. There definitely is some
      nterferring source whether it is internal to the 396 and XT or in the
      olingbrook area. Lockport, Woodridge, Romeoville, Crest Hill, Joliet,
      lainfield, and Naperville with 155.250 all render that same bizarre constant
      hiley tone. It becomes slightly better but still intolerable when Bolingbrook
      nits communicate. This isn't an indoor/inside the car issue. I gave up on
      olingbrook listening a long time agio due to it. It
      doesn't happen on the Pro 106, Uniden 250, Pro 92, or Uniden 330. Something
      bout that 396 and XT model brings it out. If anyone disputes that, take your
      96 and/or XT to Bolingbrook and see for yourself.
      By the way, Happy New Year Rich! Be safe out there and thanks for everything you
      ave contributed to the scanner/radio community.

      _______________________________
      rom: Rich Carlson <rich.n9jig@...>
      o: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      ent: Wed, December 30, 2009 3:41:23 PM
      ubject: Re: [BCD396XT] 155.25 freqy interference

      f you get interference and it goes away or weaken when you remove the
      canner antenna, then it is likely from outside sources. It seems to
      e a common situation for frequencies at the 1/4 th MHz. (151.250,
      55.250 etc.) to originate from cable TV installations, often a poorly
      rounded amp or connection.
      My agency also uses 155.250 and when I hear noise on it I try to
      ocate the specific area and call Comcast, they usually get it fixed
      retty quickly.
      If you are getting it in your home, then try to find where the drop
      ome into the house for cable TV and disconnect it, then see if the
      nterference goes away, if so then the issue is likely inside.
      On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM, dataman60435 <dataman60435@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      I agree, nothing stops the hetrodyne whine in with the 155.25 (Bolingbrook
      D)here in my area not the PL or IF shift...I wish they would change freqys...I
      ave been told it has something to do with the Comcast Cable??....

      --
      ich Carlson, N9JIG