345Re: [BCD396XT] MPT System

    Jan 22, 2009
      bcTool was created due to issues with another product. Those issues
      exist worldwide. If Rob Parker had an American division and a UK
      division, I would not argue that features that don't apply to the USA be
      included in his USA products. You also have to consider that there are
      more 'customers' in the USA than in Europe, and financially it made
      sense for him to cater to that market. When it comes to the scanners,
      the opposite is true. While there are many who want MPT support, it
      pales in comparison to the USA market who doesn't want to pay more for a
      feature that would be largely unused. Again, Uniden has a European
      division that caters to the European market.

      Fact is that Uniden has at least three divisions all with scanner
      product responsibilities in different parts of the world. Each one I'm
      sure has profit statements, and I doubt Uniden USA wants to compromise
      theirs just to cater to worldwide markets. IOW, the return on the
      investment likely isn't enough to justify the costs.

      Again, if you write to Uniden's HQ, and there is enough support, they
      should add it to their UK models (much like was done with Rob Parker
      adding features to his products which happen to be for models worldwide).

      It's odd to hear other parts of the world demanding involvement from USA
      companies when many parts of the world want the USA to keep to ourselves
      more and attack us when we don't. Of course the UK is more civilized
      than some parts of the world. :-)

      Joe M.