3281Re: Quick Search Searches Too Fast ???

  • mobnj
    Dec 1 10:52 AM
      Hi, all.

      Sorry It's taken this long but I just don't get enough "goofin" time with this hobby but I finally got to it and read-up on what the Broadcast Screen is, etc. and then took a look and found that you all, particularly, you UPMan, had suggestions. Sure enough, when I understood how that feature works (like a screen to keep out the flies but in this case to keep out/greatly attenuate signals you don't want to interfere with your scanning/searching, etc. I need to do more reading about the features and try to understand better how some features affect other aspects of the hobby (some in a good way and some that may cause you grief so if you make changes and then find something doesn't work the same as it did before the changes, it's time to read more).

      The attenuator thought was also good but I didn't feel that would be the case but I still checked it to make sure. When you get something as sophistocated as this radio, you can't assume you'll understand everything right away. In fact, that's one of the really great things that I LOVE about it. It's a hobby that you learn more about radios, antennas, new words (attenuation, squelch, channel, groups, trunking, etc.) and communications (propagation, line-of-sight, Amplitude Modulation, Single-Side-Band, etc.) I love anything that allows me to use the hobby right away but find new features/facets for as long as I own the radio.

      Excellent Job, Uniden! This is quite a leap from my very first Bearcats (base, mobile, handheld, crystals, etc.) and boy oh boy is it GREAT at doing what I paid my hard earned dollars for. Great value!

      Time to read more. I'm a ways before using the trunking feature but I'm not frustrated by that fact.

      Thanks again to you all for jumping to try to point me in the direction of a probable cause of my difficulty.

      Ken
      Brick, NJ