3275Re: P25 PII

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Dewey,
      Looks as though your Prince George CO, MD P25 TDMA/FDMA System is getting off to a good start! Even a schedule now in place to begin the changeover starting this month - Wow!

      I hope you give us updates as to how much you're able to monitor and I'll be especially interested in how well the system is working. Here in St. Louis County, and surrounding counties, there will be new radio systems going in over the next few years. I have little doubt it will be based on this technology. Thus I'm interested in how well it's working up there!

      Shell

      Oh, and P.S. Will adjoining counties and agencies be able to communicate with Prince George County once the new system is fully operational?

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Dewey <Dewey3@...> wrote:

      > Actually, we have one that has been in testing phase for a couple months
      > now, and is scheduled to go fully online next week. Prince George's Co,
      > Maryland wlll be going from a conventional 490s system to a 700 MHz P25
      > TDMA/FDMA system. Here's the PG P25 RR link:
      > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6341
      >
      > And here's RR thread where we've been talking about it and preparing for it:
      > http://forums.radioreference.com/maryland-radio-discussion-forum/156820-pg-c
      > ountys-p25-system.html
      >
      > I'm ready to beta test...
      >
      > Dewey