      From: johnstark
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:00
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Decoding simulcast P25 systems

      As has been said before each P25 is supposed to be set up with specific
      timing, the problem is many systems are not set up within the specs and
      thats when you have decode problems, it's multiplied on a simulcast system.
      Additionally reception is differents too, lower power for the same, or more
      coverage. Antenna choice, even weather make huge differences in whether you
      get clean clear transmissions or not. Also you honestly cannot compare a
      $3000 radio to a $500 scanner.... thats just common sense.