31RE: [BCD396XT] "Handling" Talkgroup Patches

  • Dan Danz
    Oct 1, 2008
      Well, I'm pretty sure I was wrong about how this works with the latest firmware
      versions (for 996 at least.still waiting to confirm with XT). It *used to* be
      that way, but Paul says he thinks it was fixed, and I'm inclined to agree.

      At least for multi-select, I heard a hot call being broadcast with the voice of
      the INFO operator, but I *did not* have INFO selected, and I heard the hot call
      on one of the main talk groups, which I *did* have selected. That's exactly
      the behavior I want.

      Note that I'm talking about multi-select broadcasts. I'm not 100% certain how
      it works on patched channels. It's not something we do with regularity on the
      Maricopa P16. Phoenix does it a lot on their P25 -- I'll have to pay attention
      when I'm in range tomorrow.

      What, specifically, do you see/hear Mike?

      Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

      Fountain Hills AZ