Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

304Re: [BCD396XT] What makes the 396XT better?

Expand Messages
  • johnstark
    Dec 31, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      It's not really a decode issue that makes the XT a "wanted" scanner but the
      new features which are in bold print on the 396XT wiki. I doubt decode will
      be any different, but if it is hopefully it's better...

      John


      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Larry Koch" <larrykoch@...>
      To: <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:20 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] What makes the 396XT better?



      I'm curious as to why so many on this list think the 396XT is going to be so
      much better than the 396. In what areas will the improvements be.

      I primarily monitor only the St Joseph, MO P25 system for the PD, Fire,
      ambulance, etc. I've had a BCD396, BCD996 PRO-2096, PRO-96, PSR-500 and
      PSR-600. All of them provide about 85% decoding. The other 15% of the time
      they are either choppy or digitized. Right now I have a 2096 and a PSR-600
      both running. Between the two I can get about 95% of the traffic. Signal
      strength is not a problem. I always have 5 bars on the 600 and 97-99% on
      the 2096. I've tried all areas of town and get the same results. I've also
      tried every firmware release for every scanner...same results.

      I'm hoping that the 396XT will do a better job of decoding than anything
      I've tried so far.

      Any comments??







      _________________________________________________________________
      It's the same HotmailĀ®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.
      http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_122008

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


      ------------------------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic