Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

303What makes the 396XT better?

Expand Messages
  • Larry Koch
    Dec 31, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm curious as to why so many on this list think the 396XT is going to be so much better than the 396. In what areas will the improvements be.

      I primarily monitor only the St Joseph, MO P25 system for the PD, Fire, ambulance, etc. I've had a BCD396, BCD996 PRO-2096, PRO-96, PSR-500 and PSR-600. All of them provide about 85% decoding. The other 15% of the time they are either choppy or digitized. Right now I have a 2096 and a PSR-600 both running. Between the two I can get about 95% of the traffic. Signal strength is not a problem. I always have 5 bars on the 600 and 97-99% on the 2096. I've tried all areas of town and get the same results. I've also tried every firmware release for every scanner...same results.

      I'm hoping that the 396XT will do a better job of decoding than anything I've tried so far.

      Any comments??







      _________________________________________________________________
      It�s the same Hotmail�. If by �same� you mean up to 70% faster.
      http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_122008

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic