284Re: I hit the brakes on the pro-106

  • dewey_003
    Dec 31, 2008
      I sure hope this is not entirely true! The current 396 is DEAF on
      the UHF frequencies. The only thing that I have worse is the "C"
      model Pro-92. The 396 is still my "primary" radio of choice, but I
      can NOT use it to monitor DC PD (603d UHF) from my home in DC's
      suburbs. My 235, 245, and 250 will run circles around the 396 when
      it comes to receiving UHF (mid to upper 400's). I can use the 235
      and 245 to monitor DC PD's control channels with pretty much full
      quieting, and I still monitor DC PD on the 250 while the 396 just
      sits there and says "Finding Control Channel". Sure the 235, 245 and
      250 have "larger" ground planes, but the amount is negligible! I'm
      seriously hoping that Uniden fixes whatever they broke when designing
      the current 396's front end.

      Not bashing, just an honest observation from someone who has been
      scanning DC since the early 70's with the old Realistic 4-channel
      portable.

      Dewey