      From: bbtkdus
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:36 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] BCD396T/BCD396XT SMA connector

      I recently got a Tuf Duck (Laird) EXS150SM duck for use on my BCD396XT and found that it apparently uses a different variant of the SMA than the 396 does. Tried it on my 396T and same story. When screwed on there is a 1/8" gap between the radio and duck. They also make an EXS150SMI for Icom and an EXS150SMV for Vertex (Standard/Yaesu). Apparently the 396 takes an SMA with a deeper socket. Anyone have any experience with different SMA connectors and perhaps know what the Uniden SMA is similar to - Icom or Vertex? Thanks!