      From: Wayne
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 3:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Any dealers taking pre-orders?

      Hi again.

      Let me first off start by saying I'll accept Jan Fine's first answer that " I've been given bad information by the sales, market and distribution manager at Uniden Australia " I'm in no way ignorant I have been in this game for over 25 years and hold more radio licences that you can point a stick at I also work in the industry I was simply putting up an experience as to what happened to me when I raised the question about the 396XLT in Australia as I would really like to get one, I never doubted that it would be released, no one could go to the trouble of inventing all the tech specs ect I'm more than aware of that.

      I look forward to more interesting info here on this group about the 396XLT and once I am able to find out once and for sure as to weather or not it will come to Aust I'll consider ordering one from the U.S. if it is that it's not coming to Aust but yes as another poster rightly pointed out then I'm creating more problems for my self with the lock out of the 800 Mhz band because of the U.S. phone band lock out.

      Which brings me to my next question are there any scanners brought from Aust and shipped to the USA to get around this problem ?.

      Any chance of any one here that is close to any one in Uniden in the U.S. maybe asking the question as to weather or not we'll ever see the 396XLT here in Aust ?.

      Once again thanks for all your info so far and I'm sorry if my question has tied up this other wise not so active group with chatter about what some people might not want to / are sick of reading about weather of not it was some sort of Christmas joke.

      If you go back and read my original email I never doubted it was real, I was just posting what it was that Uniden Aust said all I did was raise the questions in hope of some more positive feed back which has been more than forth coming so Thanks again.

      On that note I hope that every one here has a very safe and enjoyable Christmas and a great and safe start to the new year and that 2009 will be better than 2008 for every one concerned and here's hoping that the big guy in the red suite leaves you every thing you want under the tree this year.

      Regards
      Wayne.