2271Re: Re software

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Jul 5, 2009
      I don't know why there tends to be a "put down" on ARC (and there's no need for a discussion about it again!) but yes, there are differences between FreeScan and ARC-XT. The biggest, of course, is that one is free and the other is not. I would suggest, as others have, that you download ARC-XT and try it for the trial period.
      FreeScan is a great program. ARC-XT is also. ARC-XT still has some things to work - it's going to cover all of the XT scanners from Uniden. (Not making excuses, just stating fact.) I find it to be working extremely well for what I need and I need a lot. I don't need it to print out anything, I do need for it to be fast and, in virtual mode, to be able to show the frequencies properly that it's picking up - which it's doing very well.
      I've used ARC for years. I use FreeScan as well. Both are good programs. One has to use both and see which one fits their needs
      best. Proscan is another excellent program - it also is not free but is well worth the purchase if one likes the program and can use some of the features which comes with it that you'd have to pay a lot more for elsewhere.
      Best advice is to take advantage of the trial periods available with ARC and Proscan. See which one YOU like the best. No software program is going to suit everyone's needs and style! Don't judge any of them too quickly - give each of them at least a good, solid week...these programs are working with a sophisticated scanner which has a LOT of features. Each of them handle the scanner very well BUT each does it in a different way. We all find features about these programs we're more comfortable using...thus the reason for taking your time with the trial periods. Don't rush - again, find the one you like best - and you will, I'm quite sure!

      Shelley

      P.S. If you don't already have a subscription with Radio Reference, I highly recommend you get one. It's worth every penny and more.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "stephen.thomas42" <stephen.thomas42@...> wrote:

      > hi all. is their any difference between freescan and arcxt pro.?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic