20Re: Uniden Announces BCD396XT and BC346XT HandheldScanners

  • uniden.upman
    Sep 29, 2008
      It does have global ATT, now, which does a pretty good job of
      knocking down overload. Since there is a global setting (F+long press
      ATT), you don't have to mess around with ATT'ing every channel as it
      comes up...you can quickly turn it on and off when you go to those
      high RF areas.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@...> wrote:

      > Perhaps "intermod" was a bad choice of words. Front end overload
      would be better. No IF shift will ever prevent this from happening.
      My 396 (and every other scanner) chokes big time whenever I use it in
      a downtown area or near a cellphone site.

      > There's really nothing that can be done about that unless Uniden
      wants to get serious and put a decent front end into these suckers.

      HandheldScanners

      > Humm...I believe the Exchange IF feature is to help with
      intermod. I
      > believe Paul said (but maybe not here) that the new unit will have
      > better audio due to new speaker and grill on the front. Patched
      > channels...I can hear them now, at least EDACS patched channels.
      >
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@> wrote:
      > >
      > > How about patch support? How about trunking based on System ID?
      How