1887Re: Low-Profile Mag Mount Mobile Antenna

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Jun 5 9:47 AM
      Hi Dan,

      I have used the following for both the 396X and 396XT. It has been a great antenna for my car and I HIGHLY recommend it! I bought it from HRO and they got it to me quickly and safely. It includes the coax on the mount (I use the lip mount, not the mag, although I included the mag mount info below). It's a short antenna, yet has great gain. I live in St. Louis County (MO) and have little problem hearing everything I have programmed into my scanner, which is virtually most of City and County. Here's the info:

      Larsen Tri-Band Antenna
      NMO150 / 450 / 800
      Frequency:
      150-165 / 450-470 / 806-940 MHz
      Gain: .............2.14 dBi ± 1dB
      Mount:..........................NMO
      Height: ......................... 16.5"
      This is a great anenna for scanner
      operation. It is NOT tunable for amateur
      operation.

      Mag mount
      NMO MMR

      Again, I've used this antenna for at least 4-5 years (have had two of them) and highly recommend it.

      Shelley

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <danf_161@...> wrote:

      > So just as the subject states I'm looking for a good antenna for the XT for use in my car. I would need it to be mag mount as I have my windows tinted and it would ruin the tint. I park in a parking garage for work so the lower profile the better. Any ideas would be awesome.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > -Dan

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic