17Re: Uniden Announces BCD396XT and BC346XT HandheldScanners

  • donc113
    Sep 29, 2008
      Humm...I believe the Exchange IF feature is to help with intermod. I
      believe Paul said (but maybe not here) that the new unit will have
      better audio due to new speaker and grill on the front. Patched
      channels...I can hear them now, at least EDACS patched channels.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@...> wrote:

      > How about patch support? How about trunking based on System ID? How
      about making it not suck for intermod? How about having a speaker that
      doesn't sound like a POS cell phone?

      > They need to concentrate on features that make the radio useable,
      rather than look pretty.

      > The 'new' features they are offering now are things that should have
      been there from day one. The only reason they are there now is because
      of the GRE offering.

      > I'm not trying to bash the 396 offering as I own one and wouldn't
      trade it for anything...but they seriously need to wake up and smell
      the technology or else get left behind.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic