120Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Are we any closer to knowing the relase date for the 396XT?....and what about firmware?

    Nov 21, 2008
      One thing I can think of is the multi-color backlight. The current model
      cannot physically do that. Also, I doubt there is a ton of extra memory
      in the current unit let alone enough to quadruple the size. Those would
      require hardware changes.

      Joe M.

      roxie2401 wrote:
      > Paul,
      >
      > Any chance you could describe in a little more detain what you mean by
      > "changes to the hardware architecture?"
      >
      > I keep thinking things like "multi-site" and "GPS" that were in the
      > 996 are more firmware core code but would like to know more about the
      > hardware changes.
      >
      > Thanks
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic