      From: uniden.upman <uniden.upman@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:30:25 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Are we any closer to knowing the relase date for the 396XT?....and what about firmware?

      You'll see part of this reply twice (I hit send too soon).

      The new model will share a lot of core code with v3.01, but will, of
      course, be changed in order to accomodate the new feature set as well
      as the changes in hardware architecture.

      By the time the scanner is for sale, we'll have about 30-40 man
      months of beta testing behind us.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, Brian <chicagostretch2002 @...> wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > As an add on to the previous question: Will the firmware be the
      same as the current 3.01 on the 396 or will it be a totally new and
      improved "beta tested" firmware? I think this is a very important and
      relevant question prior to the release of this expanded version of
      the 396. Thanks in advance!