11Re: Uniden Announces BCD396XT and BC346XT Handheld Scanners

  • torontokris
    Sep 29, 2008
      Marketing is where its at.
      Create buzz, get people talking about it. Which they did.

      I agree the GRE's are ugly, and large (the PSR-500 is almost double
      the size).

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Iszak" <miszak@...> wrote:

      > Well I have to give Uniden credit. They've created a lot of hype
      over this product upgrade however I can't help but feel it is a lot of
      sizzle but no flame.

      > The increased channel capacity (specificaly, increased talkgroups
      per system) and the temporary lockout features are VERY welcome,
      however they alone (and combined with the other features that should
      have been there since day one) is not compelling enough to buy a new
      radio.

      > If Uniden wanted to impress or at the very least, make an upgrade
      more attractive, is have a "buy back" program where you could get the
      new radio for say $200 with the trade in of your old 396. I'd
      certainly go for that, as I'm sure a lot of others would too.

      > But at the end of the day, these features don't make the 396 any
      more attractive than the GRE offerings (which are still more appealing
      if they didn't look so damn ugly!!).

      Handheld Scanners