Re: [BC346XT] Re: Uniden Announces BCD396XT and BC346XT Handheld Scanners

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2008
      Threaded...

      Ron Handke wrote:
      > I also like new ways to do things, but to tell the truth, using the GPS feature with my 996, was not what I thought it should be, keep in mind that some of the radio traffic will shift to another tower that may be set just outside the GPS settings,

      Then increase the radius on the settings.

      > guess what I am saying is that maybe a great feature for the Mobil/Base, but as for a Handheld, ???,

      I understand. But, I frequently use my 396 in the truck.

      > I hope that others want the latest, then just maybe I can purchase another older 996 at a much reduced cost, which I would do. What Uniden is preaching, really will not cause me to spend $500.00.

      I don't think they expect everyone to dump their 396 for a 396XT.

      > Think about how you will set this up, what Uniden really needs to do is re-design the discriminator circuit, to help with the clarity of the voice. But maybe this is a Motorola problem where I am at.

      Must be. Mine is very clear.

      > Just thoughts, and depends on where you live, but out here in the Corn Fields, there are local depts. that have no plans to scrap there old VHF/UHF analog systems, as they work.

      Then maybe the 346 is the better choice for you. (and you're on the
      right list)

      Joe M.
    • red84vette_mike
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2008
        Thanks to Uniden for including the new features. I will enjoy the ESK
        support and location-based scanning.

        Mike