Custom Search

  • aa6fz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2014

      For some reason when I created a custom search on 800mhz it doesn't seem to pick up anything while searching. I have c-ch off and all other settings on auto. If I stop the search using hold button and scroll manually through the frequencies, I can hear control channels and voice channels but nothing at all when I am searching. Any Ideas?
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28, 2014
        Try fm rather than AUTO since your band plan may be set incorrectly.

        Joe M.

        On Apr 28, 2014, at 4:47 PM, <vvdesertguy@...> wrote:

        For some reason when I created a custom search on 800mhz it doesn't seem to pick up anything while searching. I have c-ch off and all other settings on auto. If I stop the search using hold button and scroll manually through the frequencies, I can hear control channels and voice channels but nothing at all when I am searching. Any Ideas?
      • Steveooh

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2014

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2014
              Really odd. I know you said it was off, but check the control channel only setting again.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2014

                Yes I checked the C-ch only mode and it is off. I tried with it on also and tried auto, 12.5 set-step and other settings and  most everything I could think of. Strange thing is that it does receive everything when doing a pre programed service search but nothing at all on custom search mode even at different frequencies other than 800mhz. I only see it moving through the freqs quiet as can be lol.

                Steve K.