New To Group and Scaners also Need Help?

  • steven shriver
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014

      Hello
      New to this group here
      I live in mountain home ark. having trouble loading channels into scanner
      not sure how to fix problem?

      Steven Shriver

    • Larry Steller
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
        I have a new BC346XT that needs to be programmed for Phoenix, Arizona. The instructions are difficult to follow. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area familiar with this model? If so, would anyone with programming skills be interested in programming this unit? If so, give me a call at 602-439-2085 to arrange. I live in Glendale and would travel a reasonable distance to have this unit programmed.

        Thanks, Larry

        To: bc346xt@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
            I having same problem with loading the scanner up too
            keeps telling me
            Error sending bandplan
            Unable to set WX
            Anybody seen this happen to them and how did you fix problem
            New to this Need some help??

            To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
            From: pmanu44@...
            Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

              From: pmanu44@...
              Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014
                What software are you using? What system are you are you trying to program?

                From: pmanu44@...
                Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2014

                  Free Scan works fine for me; I find it much easier than doing it on the scanner itself.

                  From: pmanu44@...
                  Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

                  From: Larry Steller <larrysteller@...>
                  To: "BC346XT@yahoogroups.com" <bc346xt@yahoogroups.com>
                  Sent
                  : Friday, April 4, 2014 1:46 PM

                  To: bc346xt@yahoogroups.comFrom: shriver28@...Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 08:54:57 -0500Subject: [BC346XT] New To Group and Scaners also Need Help?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 5, 2014
                    Wow, looks like most of Phoenix is digital. Seems like I wasted a lot of money for this BC346XT that I can't program. Oh well, live and learn. Is there a digital unit available that does not take a programming degree to operate?

                    Thanks for your good advice.

                    Larry in Phoenix

                    To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
                    From: pmanu44@...
                    Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 6, 2014
                      Freescan is the best. If you have Windows 8 you will probably have to update the drivers. It's a PIA, but works great once they are updated.
                    • Mark Levine, D.C.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 6, 2014
                        If you want a portable high-end the new Uniden BCD-436HP is excellent.

                        You should also consider the Uniden Homepatrol-1.

                        Both set up in 5 minutes. No knowledge of scanner programming is needed.

                        There are discussions and demos on

                        ML

                        To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
                        From: pmanu44@...
                        Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 6, 2014
                          can you please send me the website to download it. will the program run on Mac or windows 7.

                          Freescan is the best. If you have Windows 8 you will probably have to update the drivers. It's a PIA, but works great once they are updated.

                        • Maggie OConnor
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 7, 2014
                            Well Mark, (and I’m a Tesla stock holder – so I like you! and I would put my life in the hands of my D.C.) I have to say that I have a 346 and a 436 and I am struggling to program both of them.  I do think the Homepatrol might be easier, AND the 436 is great if you want the entire database, but if you want customization – it gets complicated.. On my 346 I got set up what I wanted, bought a used 245 and used that mostly instead..  then I tried to just made a Quick Key and I have it so messed up now I can’t even use it.  I even tried to erase it completely with the software and didn’t manage to do that either!

                            HOWEVER – I had never tried using the software for the 346.. I am trying to learn the 436 both with and without the software, and with the help of the great folks here – and some Software help and Favorites Lists from Ray, I am doing better.. and I’m glad I have the 436, but I still don’t have it quite like I want it..

                            To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
                            From: pmanu44@...
                            Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:42:48 -0700