Re: [BC346XT] Re: Quick Programming Steps for a BC346XT

  • Maggie OConnor
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 26, 2013
      Thanks Joe – I’ll have to look at this closely some time – I don’t even know how I got it programmed but I did.. I wonder if I could do all this stuff with Freescan, do you think so? I was “fine” at programming my 245 (I think) scanner but this one is really for the birds! Meantime, lets say I have a SNT and CNT – okay so CNT is the actual number tag of the ONE freq (old kind) that I want? On my old scanner I knew the channel numbers by heart for the handful that I sometimes wanted to just be on – like my town cops or ambulance or something I might see or hear and want to just go to that one frequency.. Anyway, I really have to look at it.. I’d like to get another “group” in there too – I might have it and just don’t know it.. I loved my old scanner where you just turned “banks” on or off depending – like I had my “vacation” area on a bank and I could just turn it on when on vaca.. anyway, I guess I’m not so good at change! Thanks very much to all of you – including Marks Scanners!

      - Maggie

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2013
        FreeScan will program all those features.

        CNT is the Channel Number Tag which you set in the scanner (or SW) to
        that channel. Not every channel will have a tag - only the ones you
        specify. You have the use that in conjunction with the System Number Tag
        which you also specify for the System, then hit SNT.CNT (MENU) to go to
        that specific channel.

        What you could do is program all the "old channels" in one conventional
        System and assign it SNT 1, then program your channels with the number
        you remember, so it will just be 1.XXX (MENU) where XXX is the number
        you know them as.

        For your Vacation bank, just program that as a separate System and
        assign it a System Quick Key (SQK) that you had set as the old bank
        number then you can enable/disable it just like you used to do.

        If one or more of those systems are trunked, you can assign them the
        same SQK and both/all will be enabled and disabled at the same time. You
        are no longer limited to one trunk system per "bank"/System.

        Your 346 can be set up pretty much the same as your old scanner. You
        just need to assign the Systems, Channels (and Groups), and number tags
        yourself - they are no longer preset with fixed numbers of channels or
        fixed tags.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2013
          So Joe, I can do all the stuff you wrote me here with FreeScan? If so – I REALLY need to get that! This is great info and others gave me some as well.. thank you all.. without this group this scanner would be a total waste for me.. I just can’t really figure it out.. I did get my main stuff programmed in when I got it – with your help and that of MarkScanners – but now if I want anything changed or different – I have no clue.. I wish I could still get a new older model – it’s so much more “practical” for me!!

          Again – thank you all a TON for your answers and your help.

          - Maggie

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
            Yes, you can do all this using FreeScan. On the channel display, make
            sure you uncheck "simple view" so you can see all the channel options.

            Joe M.