Re: New user

  • sk8mv@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
      I have a BC346 ....and they are a little difficult to program. But after some practice and reading through some manuals you can probably figure it out. I'm guessing that none of these types of scanners are real easy. There are software programs that make it easier. Some are free and there is Butel .. which is about 39.00 but is very good for adding frequencies etc to your scanner. There is FreeScan which is free and works pretty well. Hope this helped somewhat.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
        I use Free Scan and a USB cable; it helped me a lot. I do nay required
        editing on my computer, then when ready, upload to the scanner.

        I have a BC346 ....and they are a little difficult to program. But after
        some practice and reading through some manuals you can probably figure it
        out. I'm guessing that none of these types of scanners are real easy.
        There are software programs that make it easier. Some are free and there is
        Butel .. which is about 39.00 but is very good for adding frequencies etc to
        your scanner. There is FreeScan which is free and works pretty well. Hope
        this helped somewhat.

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Gerri Nylund" <aradia@...> wrote:

        > I am considering getting the BC346, but worry about the difficulty
        programming in the frequencies. Reviews on Amazon make it sound pretty
        difficult. Local dealers say they only sell them and know nothing about
        programming them. Some online dealers will program, for a price.

        > But since a friend is offering to buy it for me, I'd like to keep the
        price low.
        > Any advice?

      • Gerri Nylund
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
          Thanks. I use a Mac computer and it doesn't look like FreeSCAN will work. I did some checking but can't find software for Mac. Do you know of some?

          Gerri