bc 346 xt subsystem scanning question

  • jimbo695
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2013
      Hello, all. If I set up groups in a system and then scan, the unit scans all the groups. If I want to scan only one group I'm supposed to hit and hold the function key (putting the unit in function mode), then scroll through the groups and lock out the ones I don't want to scan by pressing the number key that corresponds with the group number (the QK group number then changes to an *), then I close function to return to normal mode, and hit scan. Good so far? The problem is - the unit continues to scan all the groups, displaying asterisks along with group numbers. This will not happen, however, if I stay in function mode and scan - then it works properly and I only scan the one group. But then the problem is - every time I hit the hold button to stop on an ID, it takes me out of Close Call. Am I making myself clear ? Any ideas ? Should I kill the Close Call function while I'm trying to scan only one group in a given system ? Thanks, folks.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2013
        To change the Group Quick Keys, you have to hit function then the Group
        Quick Key while you are on the particular System you want to change.

        When you disable a Group Quick Key, it will disable it only in the
        current System. The same Group Quick Key will remain enabled in all
        other Systems. You don't have to scroll through the Groups to disable
        Group Quick Keys. You have to scroll through Systems to disable the
        Group Quick Keys in those Systems.

        It sounds like you want to disable the same Group Quick Key in several
        Systems which you will have to do in each System.

        As for hitting hold and ending up on Close Call when you hit HOLD, that
        should only happen when you received a Close Call hit which is unrelated
        to anything you have locked out or disabled.

        Joe M.