Pretty good batteries

  • garbonzo42
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2013
      When I ordered my BC346XT I also ordered 8 Eneloop 2500mAh high capacity batteries from Amazon.com. They are pre-charged and have worked great right out of the package. I did not measure how much time I got out of the first 3, but it seemed like longer than 4 hours of listening. Anyway, I'm please with these batteries and thought users might want to know of the experience. You can also get battery cases with them to keep the batteries in when not being used.
    • tnt8453
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
        yes uptime is approx 5-6 hrs on full charged 2500mAh batteries best thing is BC346XT will recharge batteries when it is pluged to ac mains/car plug really helpful feature

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
          Especially considering that the BC346XT uses 3 batteries, and most auxiliary
          chargers take only an even number of batteries, usually 2 or 4. The
          downside: charging in the scanner can take up to 16 hours.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
            Actually all of the chargers I've purchased in the last 5
            years charge single cells which is much better for the cell.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 22, 2013
              I use Energizer 2500 rechargeables in my Uniden 346XT charging them in the Energizer charger and they last in the scanner about 10 hours.....

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 22, 2013
                So do I; I keep the supplied 1800 mAh batteries as spares.