Re: [BC346XT] Talk group Ida and system Ids

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 3:36 PM
      For the first question, you must play detective.

      For the second, talk groups don't "go with" system sites. What happens is that if a user whos radio is set for a particular channel affiliates with a site, then that site will carry traffic for that channel. If no user for a particular channel is associated with a site, that site will not carry that channel's traffic. It is somewhat dynamic in that regard. (There are some specific exceptions where the system administrator can prevent certain channels from affiliating with certain sites, but that is fairly uncommon.)

      So, on a statewide system like Colorado, the sites to the far west will not typically carry Denver traffic. But if someone from Denver drives out west with their radio set to a Denver channel, each site that the radio affiliates with will carry the Denver channel traffic until the radio affiliates with another site (or is otherwise out of range).

      UpMan

      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 3:39 PM
        I should have mentioned that you could have easily limited the HP-1 to the
        Benning site by using the Favorites Lists...no upgrade required.

        But, had you sprung for the $100 the upgrade would have included features making
        your "detective" work much easier. The HP-1 can be set to record audio only on
        "unknown" channels for later playback (Trunking Discovery Mode).

        ________________________________
[...]

        UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
        emailing me directly

        >________________________________

      • fivesolas2004
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16 2:34 PM
          Il stick with my 346xt it was $217 NEW with the tax, and its seems to be a LOT more sensitive and able to pick up conventional channels and the hp missed a lot of these same channels that the 346 EASILY receives at my home :)

          Thanks for all the hel guys

          Message 4 of 6 , May 16 2:35 PM
            Is there a way to MERGE the channels found via search and scan on a Motorola trucked system with a group I have designated as "unknown" ? I hate to re enter all the founds Ids into the "unknown" group if there's a easier way to do this
            Message 5 of 6 , May 16 7:41 PM
              You could simply rename your "unknown" group.

              You can also use copy and paste, but it's much easier in software.

              Joe M.