Re: [BC346XT] edcs questions

  • Mark Levine, D.C.
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
      threaded

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "tnt8453" <rajagashe@...>
      To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:31 PM
      Subject: [BC346XT] edcs questions

      > hi friends
      >
      > trying to configure 3 site edacs system on BC346XT from scratch
      > i know most of frequencies by conventional scan but need to clear few
      > doubts hope edacs expert can shed some light on below questions and help
      > me to configure system
      >

      > 1) is it mandatory for LCN to start with number 1?

      I don't believe so, but use the RR data in any case.

      > 2) is it mandatory for LCN to be sequence i.e. 1-2-3-4-5-6

      not as long as you assign the lcn to the proper frequency

      > 3) in multisite edacs network is it possible to identify somehow which
      > frequency belongs to which site where such information is not
      > available/published?

      I suppose if you set up a separate edacs system with only those tgid's you'd
      like to listen to from that site

      > thanks in advance
      >
      > regards
      > tnt8453

    • tnt8453
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
        thanks for help guys really feels nice that someone is there to guide

        well unfortunately system i want to listen to is not in us and no data available officially :(( I've to do some reverse engg to find out LCN's & Site frequency mapping its challenging task and i'm on it.
        well i think most challenging part is to find out right LCN no's
        i've BC346XT and yaesu vx3r capable of listing to 800MHz band can someone guide me how to find out right LCN no with help of scanner and wideband receiver ?

        TIA

        regards
        tnt8453

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
          http://web.archive.org/web/20080116232454/http://www.scanningusa.com/trunked_info/tipsandtricks.html
          might help

          ________________________________
          thanks for help guys really feels nice that someone is there to guide

          well unfortunately system i want to listen to is not in us and no data available
          officially :(( I've to do some reverse engg to find out LCN's & Site frequency
          mapping its challenging task and i'm on it.
          well i think most challenging part is to find out right LCN no's
          i've BC346XT and yaesu vx3r capable of listing to 800MHz band can someone guide
          me how to find out right LCN no with help of scanner and wideband receiver ?

          TIA

          regards
          tnt8453

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...> wrote: