edcs questions

  • tnt8453
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17 10:31 AM
      hi friends

      trying to configure 3 site edacs system on BC346XT from scratch
      i know most of frequencies by conventional scan but need to clear few doubts hope edacs expert can shed some light on below questions and help me to configure system

      1) is it mandatory for LCN to start with number 1?
      2) is it mandatory for LCN to be sequence i.e. 1-2-3-4-5-6
      3) in multisite edacs network is it possible to identify somehow which frequency belongs to which site where such information is not available/published?

      thanks in advance

      regards
      tnt8453
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17 11:22 AM
        1) No.
        2) No.
        3) Not easily with the BC346XT. But if it is in the USA and is not a federal
        system, you can usually tell from the FCC license.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17 11:29 AM
          threaded

          > trying to configure 3 site edacs system on BC346XT from scratch
          > i know most of frequencies by conventional scan but need to clear few
          > doubts hope edacs expert can shed some light on below questions and help
          > me to configure system
          >

          > 1) is it mandatory for LCN to start with number 1?

          I don't believe so, but use the RR data in any case.

          > 2) is it mandatory for LCN to be sequence i.e. 1-2-3-4-5-6

          not as long as you assign the lcn to the proper frequency

          > 3) in multisite edacs network is it possible to identify somehow which
          > frequency belongs to which site where such information is not
          > available/published?

          I suppose if you set up a separate edacs system with only those tgid's you'd
          like to listen to from that site

          > thanks in advance
          >
          > regards
          > tnt8453

        • tnt8453
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18 10:45 AM
            thanks for help guys really feels nice that someone is there to guide

            well unfortunately system i want to listen to is not in us and no data available officially :(( I've to do some reverse engg to find out LCN's & Site frequency mapping its challenging task and i'm on it.
            well i think most challenging part is to find out right LCN no's
            i've BC346XT and yaesu vx3r capable of listing to 800MHz band can someone guide me how to find out right LCN no with help of scanner and wideband receiver ?

            TIA

            regards
            tnt8453

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18 11:53 AM
              http://web.archive.org/web/20080116232454/http://www.scanningusa.com/trunked_info/tipsandtricks.html
              might help

              ________________________________
              thanks for help guys really feels nice that someone is there to guide

              well unfortunately system i want to listen to is not in us and no data available
              officially :(( I've to do some reverse engg to find out LCN's & Site frequency
              mapping its challenging task and i'm on it.
              well i think most challenging part is to find out right LCN no's
              i've BC346XT and yaesu vx3r capable of listing to 800MHz band can someone guide
              me how to find out right LCN no with help of scanner and wideband receiver ?

              TIA

              regards
              tnt8453

              --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...> wrote: