RE: [BC346XT] Re: Trying again

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
      You can clear all lockouts quickly by holding down L/O until you hear 3 beeps. That may be worth trying.

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
        You can download MS Excel spreadsheets for both conventional and trunked
        systems, but I forget from where I got mine.

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
          OK, I uploaded the file into 'Files'. Great idea, thanks. It's the "UHP problem" file. The scanner looks like it's doing it's thing, just like my other 346 but I can't hear anything. Can anybody see anything wrong with the file? I got the FreeSCAN file from somebody that has a BCT-15X. I wonder if that's the problem? Thanks for any help.

          > Maybe you could upload your FreeScan file to the FILES section.
          >
          > It sounds like you don't have the system set up correctly.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > xrboys wrote:
          > > Darn. I went into Freescan and changed the Group Quick key box to the same as the system QK. I.E: The group within system 1 was changed from a < . > in the GQK drop down box to GQK 1. Did all the systems that way and uploaded it to the scanner and the GQK were there AND I could toggle them on and off! But it didn't make any difference, scanner display shows it's scanning and looking for calls but it doesn't stop on any and no sound comes out. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for reading.
          > >
          > > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "xrboys" <xrboys@> wrote:
          > >> Thanks Paul, your last statement gave me an idea to check the groups for * or # or - . Sure enough, all four systems had nothing but dashes. I assume you HAVE to have Groups. Perhaps the group info from the BCT15X didn't upload to the 346. I'll print out the freescan file and see if I can get the groups and then manipulate in the groups. Baby steps - thanks everybody.

        • xrboys
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
            OK, I changed all the GQK back to the <.>
            I uploaded the FreeSCAN file for this to Files under UHP problem. Thanks for your help.

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 3, 2013
              It looks like there are a lot of sites in Salt Lake county that you
              don't have loaded in your scanner. The most notable I see is "Salt Lake
              Simulcast" which is likely a big one to be missing.

              Do you know if you can hear Nelson Peak from your house?

              Have you tried ID SEARCH? You don't have many talkgroups in the scan
              list, so you won't hear much activity compared to scanning all of them.
              Using ID SEARCH for the time being would help test your setup.

              Which one of the four trunked systems is one you are most interested in?
              It's easier to troubleshoot one at a time rather than all at once.

              Joe M.