Re: [BC346XT] Re: Trying again

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 28 1:05 PM
      F and the # are two distinct key presses. Don't try to press them at the same
      time. Once you hit F, you have about 3 seconds to hit the GQK#.

      If you need to scroll to the system after hitting F, the time is extended so you
      have about 3 seconds from the instant you stopped scrolling to hit the GQK#.

      When you are on the system, the bottom row (starts GRP:) indicates the GQK
      status for that system. Numerals mean enabled, Stars (*) mean disabled, and
      dashes mean not assigned.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 28 1:28 PM
        Thanks Paul, your last statement gave me an idea to check the groups for * or # or - . Sure enough, all four systems had nothing but dashes. I assume you HAVE to have Groups. Perhaps the group info from the BCT15X didn't upload to the 346. I'll print out the freescan file and see if I can get the groups and then manipulate in the groups. Baby steps - thanks everybody.

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:

        > F and the # are two distinct key presses. Don't try to press them at the same
        > time. Once you hit F, you have about 3 seconds to hit the GQK#.
        >
        > If you need to scroll to the system after hitting F, the time is extended so you
        > have about 3 seconds from the instant you stopped scrolling to hit the GQK#.
        >
        > When you are on the system, the bottom row (starts GRP:) indicates the GQK
        > status for that system. Numerals mean enabled, Stars (*) mean disabled, and
        > dashes mean not assigned.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • xrboys
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 28 7:13 PM
          Darn. I went into Freescan and changed the Group Quick key box to the same as the system QK. I.E: The group within system 1 was changed from a < . > in the GQK drop down box to GQK 1. Did all the systems that way and uploaded it to the scanner and the GQK were there AND I could toggle them on and off! But it didn't make any difference, scanner display shows it's scanning and looking for calls but it doesn't stop on any and no sound comes out. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for reading.

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
            Maybe you could upload your FreeScan file to the FILES section.

            It sounds like you don't have the system set up correctly.

            Joe M.

          • sk8mv@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
              I finally got mine to work pretty well. What I did was get rid of everything and start from scratch. Then I did just one system and started playing with it. I found if you try one new thing at a time it helps figure it out. I also used the pc with Freescan in the virtual mode makes it easier to see and understand whats going on. I gradually added newer systems. Also, helps to layout a plan on paper so you remember what u set each QK to. Keep us posted on your progress. I will also post if I find any ah ha ... stuff.

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
                Well, a GQK is not even necessary in the condition you describe (if there is no
                GQK, the channel group will always be enabled). The other thing to check is to
                be sure the channel group is not locked out (lock out is separate from GQK
                enable/disable). To be scanned, a channel must be in a channel group that is
                both unlocked and (if a GQK is assigned) has its GQK enabled.

                ________________________________

              • sk8mv@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
                  Yeah excellent explaination. There are many different ways to affect Channels and Systems. You really have to sit down and read through the whole Easy Manual on RR. There are lots of hidden little hints in that well done manual.
                  Mark did a great job on that.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
                    You are correct in "lets learn the radio" first before software is important...Once you learn by studying the "easy manual' u get the hang of the procedure of "create a system, same menu create the groups, and fill them in with TG's or conv-freqys....I learned on a Uniden246, took about a week....It does get very simple as time goes on and Uniden scanners are great....

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
                      You can clear all lockouts quickly by holding down L/O until you hear 3 beeps. That may be worth trying.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 1, 2013
                        You can download MS Excel spreadsheets for both conventional and trunked
                        systems, but I forget from where I got mine.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
                          OK, I uploaded the file into 'Files'. Great idea, thanks. It's the "UHP problem" file. The scanner looks like it's doing it's thing, just like my other 346 but I can't hear anything. Can anybody see anything wrong with the file? I got the FreeSCAN file from somebody that has a BCT-15X. I wonder if that's the problem? Thanks for any help.

                          > Maybe you could upload your FreeScan file to the FILES section.
                          >
                          > It sounds like you don't have the system set up correctly.
                          >
                          > Joe M.
                          >
                          > xrboys wrote:
                          > > Darn. I went into Freescan and changed the Group Quick key box to the same as the system QK. I.E: The group within system 1 was changed from a < . > in the GQK drop down box to GQK 1. Did all the systems that way and uploaded it to the scanner and the GQK were there AND I could toggle them on and off! But it didn't make any difference, scanner display shows it's scanning and looking for calls but it doesn't stop on any and no sound comes out. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for reading.
                          > >
                          > > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "xrboys" <xrboys@> wrote:
                          > >> Thanks Paul, your last statement gave me an idea to check the groups for * or # or - . Sure enough, all four systems had nothing but dashes. I assume you HAVE to have Groups. Perhaps the group info from the BCT15X didn't upload to the 346. I'll print out the freescan file and see if I can get the groups and then manipulate in the groups. Baby steps - thanks everybody.

                        • xrboys
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 2, 2013
                            OK, I changed all the GQK back to the <.>
                            I uploaded the FreeSCAN file for this to Files under UHP problem. Thanks for your help.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 3, 2013
                              It looks like there are a lot of sites in Salt Lake county that you
                              don't have loaded in your scanner. The most notable I see is "Salt Lake
                              Simulcast" which is likely a big one to be missing.

                              Do you know if you can hear Nelson Peak from your house?

                              Have you tried ID SEARCH? You don't have many talkgroups in the scan
                              list, so you won't hear much activity compared to scanning all of them.
                              Using ID SEARCH for the time being would help test your setup.

                              Which one of the four trunked systems is one you are most interested in?
                              It's easier to troubleshoot one at a time rather than all at once.

                              Joe M.