Re: ARC XT Pro Connection

  • rob.fish@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
      Assuming you have also rebooted your PC first:

      Have you installed ANY new software on your computer since the last time you used Arc?

      It is very possible that the new software may load itself on bootup and lock the serial port.

      Try installing FreeScan and see if you have the same problem.

      Rob
    • caravanken
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
        Rob,
        That was it. I had loaded a program that a friend had for his scanner and it must have loaded a driver over my USB to serial driver. I reloaded and updated my driver for the cable and it went right to the scanner and all is well.
        Thanks for the help.

        Ken Davis