ARC XT Pro Connection

  • caravanken
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
      I have used this program many times in the past and it works really great. Today I tried to connect it and for some reason the program will not recognize the scanner. I am sure it is a communication issue but I just cannot get the scanner to connect. I am using the same cable and program that I have used in the past.

      I have verified the baud rate on the program to match the scanner. I have tried the com ports in the communications setup screen with the matching baud rate. I have rebooted my pc. I have disconnected the two serial cables I have attached to other devices. I have turned the scanner off and then on. Unplugged the interface cable and reconnected.

      What am I forgetting to do???

      Thanks
      Ken
    • rob.fish@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
        Assuming you have also rebooted your PC first:

        Have you installed ANY new software on your computer since the last time you used Arc?

        It is very possible that the new software may load itself on bootup and lock the serial port.

        Try installing FreeScan and see if you have the same problem.

        Rob
      • caravanken
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
          Rob,
          That was it. I had loaded a program that a friend had for his scanner and it must have loaded a driver over my USB to serial driver. I reloaded and updated my driver for the cable and it went right to the scanner and all is well.
          Thanks for the help.

          Ken Davis