Turning a Site or Group on and off

  • Maggie OConnor
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
      Okay – I know – stupid questions.. I have two “sets” of things programmed into my scanner – and one is turned off and I can’t figure out how to turn it back on. So I show “group 1” on the group (a trunked band) that’s scanning.. But I have a bunch of “un-trunked” frequencies programmed and I’m not getting them.. I see a “MAIN” and a “MAIN2” – not sure if it’s one of those.. I see an MSP – not sure if that’s mine (Mass State Police) – or if that’s a “default.”

      So – I either need Group 2 turned on – or MAIN2 turned on – but I can’t figure out how.

      When it’s scanning, it says “Site 43-1” MOT (that’s my Motorola trunked band)

      It also flashes Group 1 – and shows ID-Scan.

      Also – is the “menu” button the “back” button – or is there some other back button?

      I have adored my 245xlt and done nothing but struggle with this newer one – I just got my two sets of stuff in it and don’t do anything else..

      Thanks to you folks for always being there to help me when I need it! I looked at the Mark Scanners info for this – and for right now – I still can’t figure it out.. It said something about doing the function key and then the number – not sure.

      Thanks again - Maggie

    • Ken Davis
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
        I think all you need to do is press the #2 button to turn on and off Group 2.

        Let me know…

        KD

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
          Just pressing the buttons turns on/off Systems, not Groups. For Groups,
          you press the function button then the Group Quick Key number.

          That said, I think your suggestion will help him, as it's likely he is
          missing a System, not a Group.

          Joe M.

          Ken Davis wrote:
          > I think all you need to do is press the #2 button to turn on and off Group 2.
          >
          > Let me know…
          >
          > KD

        • Maggie OConnor
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
            Thanks guys – well – your thoughts got me close – but in the end I am a little bit more messed (!)
            I tried to push the F+2 when it was scanning – and it does nothing.. so I did “hold” and then did the F+2 and it wanted me to enter a group (or ID or something) named 2. I don’t know how to “back” out of anything – but – in the midst of that – now my scanner isn’t scanning either of “my” groups, it’s scanning “Atlanta” and I can’t make it go back to mine.. BUT ALSO – this is reminding me that I must have been “highlighted” on one of my groups and then pushed down on the “action” knob on top – and somehow that’s how I turned my other group/main off – but meantime, now I’m stuck in Atlanta and I can’t even get back to my groups.. UGH! I hate this scanner! But – I desperately await your help.. Luckily, I bought a used 245 when the speaker went on my old one.. so at least I have that one working – so no rush – but I would like to get this back to my two groups.. I see what you folks write and do all this cool stuff – but I’ll be happy to just have my two groups working.. so – under MAIN (or MAIN2) is my stuff – and it was saying “Group 1” when it was scanning before.

            Thank you so much.. sorry I’m such a dope!!

            Ken Davis wrote:
            > I think all you need to do is press the #2 button to turn on and off Group 2.
            >
            > Let me know…
            >
            > KD

          • Ken Davis
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
              You are correct. I got my systems and groups turned around. On mine I only en/disable the system and I like Maggie cannot remember how to en/disable groups. If Santa is good to me I won’t have my 346 much longer. I think I am going digital.

              Sorry Maggie if I got you confused.

              KD

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                To enable/disable Groups, you must be scanning the system you want to
                change, then hit FUNCTION 2.

                To exit any menu item, hit the L/O button.

                Joe M.

                Maggie OConnor wrote:
                > Thanks guys – well – your thoughts got me close – but in the end I am a little bit more messed (!)
                > I tried to push the F+2 when it was scanning – and it does nothing.. so I did “hold” and then did the F+2 and it wanted me to enter a group (or ID or something) named 2. I don’t know how to “back” out of anything – but – in the midst of that – now my scanner isn’t scanning either of “my” groups, it’s scanning “Atlanta” and I can’t make it go back to mine.. BUT ALSO – this is reminding me that I must have been “highlighted” on one of my groups and then pushed down on the “action” knob on top – and somehow that’s how I turned my other group/main off – but meantime, now I’m stuck in Atlanta and I can’t even get back to my groups.. UGH! I hate this scanner! But – I desperately await your help.. Luckily, I bought a used 245 when the speaker went on my old one.. so at least I have that one working – so no rush – but I would like to get this back to my two groups.. I see what you folks write and do all this cool stuff �
                �� but I’ll be happy to just have my two groups working.. so – under MAIN (or MAIN2) is my stuff – and it was saying “Group 1” when it was scanning before.

                > Thank you so much.. sorry I’m such a dope!!
                >
                > - Maggie

              • Maggie OConnor
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                  Hi there – thanks again for your help.. Right now – I still can’t get back to “My” MAIN system – I’m stuck in the “Atlanta” that was first up on some menu I got into.. Can anyone help me change that? Sorry.. I wish I was better at this scanner!

                  So – going digital – does that mean you have to get/use different frequencies, or would mine work on a digital scanner?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                    The Uniden 346XT will NOT do digital, its analog only, its brother the 396XT does digital....Also, if you see the "hold" flashing on the upper left of readout u may be stuck in that system...Hold the "HOLD" button down for a beep and u will get out of it...If u as mentioned hold down the "HOLD" button for a beep and your holding on a system then as its scanning it press Func + the # of the "Group" u want to add or subtract and it will work that way....

                    --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Maggie OConnor" <Maggie-o@...> wrote:

                    > Hi there â€" thanks again for your help.. Right now â€" I still can’t get back to “My” MAIN system â€" I’m stuck in the “Atlanta” that was first up on some menu I got into.. Can anyone help me change that? Sorry.. I wish I was better at this scanner!
                    >
                    > So â€" going digital â€" does that mean you have to get/use different frequencies, or would mine work on a digital scanner?
                    >
                    > Thanks again,
                    >
                    > - Maggie

                  • Maggie OConnor
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                      Hey there! A million Thank You’s!!

                      I held down the hold button until it beeped and my “Main” and “Main2” came back! Seems I have most stuff under Main2 – my individual freq’s and my trunked group – at least that’s what it looks like now when it’s scanning - so not sure what’s under my “Main” – but that’s okay..

                      Now – only problem is it’s still scanning “Atlanta” – and I don’t want to be doing that – I don’t live there – somehow I programmed/turned it “on” while trying to turn back on my groups. If anyone can tell me how to turn that off – is it a lockout? – It would be much appreciated. It’s scans by it really fast – since nothing stops – as I’m not near there – it might be hard and it’s not the end of the world. At least I have my own groups back.

                      Thanks to all of you so much.. Re the digital – I assume the “system” you’re wanting to scan has to be digital, is that correct?

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                        When Atlanta is up, hit Function L/O L/O
                        (yes - L/O twice) and it will "go away".

                        Joe M.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
                          Thanks Joe.. I can’t even catch Atlanta on hold – it goes by so fast.. it will be fine this way.. but I’ll keep your message for the future.. So L/O once is like “back” ?
                          There’s more I’d like to do with this scanner – but for now – I think I’ll just leave well enough alone!
                          Thank you all for being there for me.. This scanner works great – but the setup stuff just kicks my butt!
                          Anyway – I’m back “up and running” so thank you!