Unable to scan custom programed channels

  • netkeys
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2012
      Hi All,

      A friend of mines BC246XT scanner was purchased preprogrammed. It's been working for a couple of years. A few days ago it quite scanning the custom programed channels. It's only scanning the factory programed options like racing, FM, ham and such. I can see the local programed channels are still they but can't figure out how to get them to scan without the other factory options scanning.

      Hopefully I've explained the problem.

      I know it's probably something dumb but I'm at a dead end.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Ron
    • capt_clint
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2012
        One possibility is he accidentally deactivated all system quick keys. You can try hitting 0-9 while scanning. If that doesn't get them back, go to each system and see what quick keys, if any, are assigned. The pre-porgrammed stuff also has quick keys, so you will have to see what ones they are, and deactivate them.