Re: [BC346XT] Re: Flexable Duck Antenna 346 ?

  • Robert Terzi
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
      On 10/16/2012 7:48 PM, Chris Gray wrote:
      > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
      > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
      > flexable...

      There were a couple of good antenna comparisons that tested responses on
      different bands. The site that I recall as the best, strong signals looks like it's gone.

      http://www.strongsignals.net/access/reviews/reviews.cgi?type=display&rtype=rev&class=ant&num=003#083100

      The Antenna Challenge is another broad comparison:

      http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

      Because of the reviews I read, its wide coverage, and its gain for transmitting due
      to its length I picked the Diamond I mentioned earlier the RH-77ca. However it
      will probably be too long for you to wear all the time.

      I use BNC on my BC346XT and all my amateur handhelds so I can quickly swap antennas without
      worrying about breaking the pin in the fragile SMA connector. If you are going to
      get a single replacement antenna and keep it permanently attached stick with SMA.
      If you think you might be changing antennas periodically, consider BNC.

      Hope This Helps,
      --Rob
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
        I have the Radio Shack center-loaded telescoping whip antenna which I use at
        home, usually fully collapsed. Outside, I use the supplied rubber duck,
        which is good for my needs.