Re: [BC346XT] Re: Flexable Duck Antenna 346 ?

  • AV
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
      Hi,

      I use this one with my 346 and I'm quite happy with it. As flexible as it
      gets and much better antenna than the stock one.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRH536-SRH-536-HT-DUAL-BAND-ANTENNA-SMA-HI-GAIN-ICOM-/320429459378

      73,
      AV

      On 17 October 2012 00:48, Chris Gray <chris.gray111@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
      > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
      > flexable...
      >
      > Thanks
      > Chris

    • Robert Terzi
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
        On 10/16/2012 7:48 PM, Chris Gray wrote:
        > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
        > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
        > flexable...

        There were a couple of good antenna comparisons that tested responses on
        different bands. The site that I recall as the best, strong signals looks like it's gone.

        http://www.strongsignals.net/access/reviews/reviews.cgi?type=display&rtype=rev&class=ant&num=003#083100

        The Antenna Challenge is another broad comparison:

        http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

        Because of the reviews I read, its wide coverage, and its gain for transmitting due
        to its length I picked the Diamond I mentioned earlier the RH-77ca. However it
        will probably be too long for you to wear all the time.

        I use BNC on my BC346XT and all my amateur handhelds so I can quickly swap antennas without
        worrying about breaking the pin in the fragile SMA connector. If you are going to
        get a single replacement antenna and keep it permanently attached stick with SMA.
        If you think you might be changing antennas periodically, consider BNC.

        Hope This Helps,
        --Rob
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
          I have the Radio Shack center-loaded telescoping whip antenna which I use at
          home, usually fully collapsed. Outside, I use the supplied rubber duck,
          which is good for my needs.