RE: [BC346XT] Flexable Duck Antenna 346 ?

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
      The BC346XT comes with a BNC to SMA adapter.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
        Hi,

        I use this one with my 346 and I'm quite happy with it. As flexible as it
        gets and much better antenna than the stock one.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRH536-SRH-536-HT-DUAL-BAND-ANTENNA-SMA-HI-GAIN-ICOM-/320429459378

        73,
        AV

        On 17 October 2012 00:48, Chris Gray <chris.gray111@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
        > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
        > flexable...
        >
        > Thanks
        > Chris

      • Robert Terzi
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
          On 10/16/2012 7:48 PM, Chris Gray wrote:
          > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
          > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
          > flexable...

          There were a couple of good antenna comparisons that tested responses on
          different bands. The site that I recall as the best, strong signals looks like it's gone.

          http://www.strongsignals.net/access/reviews/reviews.cgi?type=display&rtype=rev&class=ant&num=003#083100

          The Antenna Challenge is another broad comparison:

          http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

          Because of the reviews I read, its wide coverage, and its gain for transmitting due
          to its length I picked the Diamond I mentioned earlier the RH-77ca. However it
          will probably be too long for you to wear all the time.

          I use BNC on my BC346XT and all my amateur handhelds so I can quickly swap antennas without
          worrying about breaking the pin in the fragile SMA connector. If you are going to
          get a single replacement antenna and keep it permanently attached stick with SMA.
          If you think you might be changing antennas periodically, consider BNC.

          Hope This Helps,
          --Rob
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
            I have the Radio Shack center-loaded telescoping whip antenna which I use at
            home, usually fully collapsed. Outside, I use the supplied rubber duck,
            which is good for my needs.