Re: Flexable Duck Antenna 346 ?

  • Chris Gray
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
      Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
      came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
      flexable...

      Thanks
      Chris

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
        The BC346XT comes with a BNC to SMA adapter.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
          Hi,

          I use this one with my 346 and I'm quite happy with it. As flexible as it
          gets and much better antenna than the stock one.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRH536-SRH-536-HT-DUAL-BAND-ANTENNA-SMA-HI-GAIN-ICOM-/320429459378

          73,
          AV

          On 17 October 2012 00:48, Chris Gray <chris.gray111@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
          > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
          > flexable...
          >
          > Thanks
          > Chris

        • Robert Terzi
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
            On 10/16/2012 7:48 PM, Chris Gray wrote:
            > Sorry, forgot to add i'm looking for overall coverage... The antenna it
            > came with works very well for me, and I'd like somthing just like it, but
            > flexable...

            There were a couple of good antenna comparisons that tested responses on
            different bands. The site that I recall as the best, strong signals looks like it's gone.

            http://www.strongsignals.net/access/reviews/reviews.cgi?type=display&rtype=rev&class=ant&num=003#083100

            The Antenna Challenge is another broad comparison:

            http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/antenna.html

            Because of the reviews I read, its wide coverage, and its gain for transmitting due
            to its length I picked the Diamond I mentioned earlier the RH-77ca. However it
            will probably be too long for you to wear all the time.

            I use BNC on my BC346XT and all my amateur handhelds so I can quickly swap antennas without
            worrying about breaking the pin in the fragile SMA connector. If you are going to
            get a single replacement antenna and keep it permanently attached stick with SMA.
            If you think you might be changing antennas periodically, consider BNC.

            Hope This Helps,
            --Rob
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 17, 2012
              I have the Radio Shack center-loaded telescoping whip antenna which I use at
              home, usually fully collapsed. Outside, I use the supplied rubber duck,
              which is good for my needs.